Welcome to the office of Diego Calonje, M.D.
As a board-certified ophthalmologist, Dr. Calonje has provided outstanding eye care to patients for more than 12 years.
Dr. Calonje specializes in diseases of the retina and vitreous, including:
- Wet and dry macular degeneration
- Diabetic retinopathy
- Retinal detachment
- Posterior vitreous detachment (flashing lights and floaters)
- Retinal tears
- Macular diseases (macular pucker and macular hole)
- Central retinal artery occlusion
- Branch retinal artery occlusion
- Central retinal vein occlusion
- Branch retinal vein occlusion
- Surgical repair of retinal detachment
- Laser treatment for diabetic retinopathy and retinal vascular diseases
- Intravitreal injections, including Lucentis, Avastin and Triesence (a steroid) for macular degeneration and other retinal vascular diseases
- No-stitch vitrectomy for retinal diseases
With seven locations in Tucson, Green Valley, Nogales, Sierra Vista and Douglas, Dr. Calonje provides the finest in specialized eye care in southern Arizona. Our friendly, professional staff members, who are fluent in Spanish, offer exceptional service. Dedicated to excellence in ophthalmology, Dr. Calonje and his team can help restore and maintain your optimal vision.
In addition to his private practice, Dr. Calonje is the founder of Global Vision Foundation. The nonprofit organization provides treatment for diabetic retinopathy in impoverished Latin America communities.
Contact Dr. Calonje today to explore how he and his staff can help you see your best.
© 2008-2011 Diego H. Calonje, M.D.